Smoothies are one of the easiest ways to increase nutrition while tasting delicious at the same time. Consequently, one of my favourite recipes is the DIY tomato smoothie.
Tomatoes contain abundant Vitamin C (Check out a cool vitamin C cream here!), which is an essential nutrient, antioxidant, great for your skin and promotes collagen production.
In my household, not everyone likes tomatoes so I started looking for a way to blend these nutrients in my daily meals in a way that my family would like to consume.
After a few days, I created this super tasty DIY tomato smoothie and even people who don’t like the taste of tomatoes will try and fall in love with this drink.
This drink also contains ginger, which has many vitamins, and the anti-inflammatory properties in ginger strengthens the immune system, lowers “bad” cholesterol, and promotes your bowel movements.
Now you are ready to make this delicious healthy drink? let’s go…
Ingredients: (to make one cup)
- ¾ cup of sweet organic mini tomato
- 2 teaspoons of peeled ginger
- 2 teaspoons of organic honey
- 2 ice cubes
- 3 small mint leaves
To make the drink:
- Wash the tomato, peel ginger and place them in a blender.
- Next, put honey and ice cubes in the blender.
- Blend the ingredients until they are mashed and mixed together.
- Pour the drink in a cup and place mint leaves to create a refreshing smell and decorate to serve.
Tips: if you don’t like spicy, adjust the ginger amount per your taste. Do not put water as it will dilute the taste and nutrients.