I have missed tropical drinks by the beach for a while now. The smell, taste, and freshness combined with outdoor pool water and a blue sky helped my mental well being. This drink also reminded me about a trip to Mexico a few years ago when we stayed in the exotic, all-inclusive hotel (Click Here for More Information), where they served unlimited virgin piña coladas. All the kids and adults too were having a blast and enjoying the drinks. So I decided to try this amazing DIY piña Colada smoothie recipe that is so delicious, healthy and refreshing in the summer.
Pineapples are low in calories but loaded with nutrients, antioxidants and other helpful compounds. In addition, it aids digestion, boosts immunity and speeds up recovery from surgery, among others.
It is super easy to make and you can try this at home:
DIY Piña Colada Recipe
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 banana
- A scoop vanilla ice cream (alternative: use 1/4 cup of greek yogurt)
- 1 cup milk (you can also use skim milk to be calorie smart)
- Ice Cubes (adjust to how cold you want your drink to be)
How to make a healthy and yummy virgin Piña Colada Smoothies:
- Pour frozen pineapple, banana, ice cream, milk, and ice into the blender
- Blend them together until it is mashed well
- Finally place a strawberry or other fruits to decorate and serve.
If you want more DIY smoothies, check out this amazing DIY tomato smoothie here: