Spinach is low in calories and is an excellent source of vitamin K, A and folate. One cup of Spanish has only 130 calories. Spanish is more nutritious when it is eaten raw. Spinach is a powerhouse to detox and improve skin and hairs that clean you from inside out. If you are a fan of smoothies, you must try this DIY super green spinach smoothies.
Here are 5 amazing health benefits:
- Bone health: Spinach is rich in vitamin k which is helpful in protecting against bone density loss. Several studies suggest that lack of vitamin K increases risk of hip fracture. Eating spinach helps strengthen bone health and reduce risks of fracture.
- Skin and hair: Spinach contains antioxidants (rich in Vitamins A and C) that fight against all types of skin problems. Regular consumption will detox and clean the skin from inside out. Study indicates that spinach extract is a potential source of natural antioxidants and its consumption improves antioxidant status. It is a super food that improves skin tone and stimulates collagen production.
- Cancer : Spinach is a super food that lower risk of cancer. Some studies show they could protect against cancer of the mouth, esophagus, and stomach.
- Blood pressure and heart: Spinach protects against high blood pressure and heart disease.
- Iron: Spanish is an excellent source of iron that can prevent iron deficiency anemia, which is common issue to vegetarians. A lack of iron can cause tiredness, short of breath, dizziness and weakness.
Despite these nutrient facts, not all in my family are big fans of spinach. I started making these delicious smoothies to embed spinach in our daily diet to increase consumption. Here is the DIY Super Green Spinach Smoothies that is very delicious:
3 Ingredients to make one cup of super green spinach smoothies
- 1 cup of spinach
- ½ cup of frozen pineapple
- ¼ cup of water
3 Simple Steps
- Wash the spinach
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Blend them until they are mashed together. Serve and enjoy.
You can also replace frozen pineapple with frozen green grape or mix with other fruits. It is super fun to experiment with the mix-and-match spinach and fruits for a variety of flavors.
For more smoothies recipes, please check out here.