Mango is low in calories but full of nutrients. I am a mango lover because of the sweet taste and bright yellow color. Mango contains high levels of vitamin C, fibers and pectin making it a perfect fruit that helps in controlling high cholesterol level. Another benefit of eating mangoes is that it cleanses your skin from deep inside your body. It treats pores and gives a glow to your skin. Mango smoothies are so yummy and delicious. It is a great breakfast choice and a great snack drink between meals.
Mango taste goes well with any fruits including bananas, pineapples, strawberries and even coconut cream, ginger, lemon and lime. Sometimes, I like to add chia seeds in the smoothies to add more nutrients. The fiber in chia seeds can aid the digestive system.
Here is the Mango Smoothies recipe to try out:
- ½ cup of frozen Mango
- ½ Banana
- Unsweetened coconut water (or Aloe Vera)
- Vanilla extract
- Honey (optional if you want to sweeten the taste)
- Chia seeds (optional – 1 teaspoon)
- Ginger (optional – 1/2 teaspoon)
To make the Smoothies:
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Serve with chia seeds, additional chopped mango or chopped ginger if desired.
To check out more smoothies recipes, click here